Are you a prospective Chamber member wondering why you should join the Greater Houlton Chamber of Commerce? Wonder no more!
2011 marks the 97th year that the Greater Houlton Chamber of Commerce has been in existence! We boast a membership made up of a diverse group of businesses ranging from retailers, manufacturers, health care providers, education and all who are committed to the continual improvement of our community, our schools, our economy and our quality of life. Chamber members are the backbone of our community. The Chamber offers a variety of opportunities to promote your business throughout the year, keeping you in the forefront of all that is happening in our community.
A recent survey found that people are more likely to do business or shop where they see a Chamber of Commerce logo. It has become a "good housekeeping stamp of approval" if you will. It shows that you are committed to your community and the success of it. The Chamber is often the first point of contact for those wishing to visit or relocate to our area. We send out hundreds of packets of information about our area while fielding thousands of telephone inquiries with regard to what shops sell what product, services that are available in our community, places to eat and rest weary heads and of course dates and times of events that are happening. It is our greatest pleasure to pass on over 1,500 referrals to our Chamber members each year.
Chamber dues provide us the opportunity to concentrate on creating a positive environment and spirit of community for our area. Promoting what you do so well with regard to being consumer friendly and inviting while taking the opportunity to retain business and welcome new business becomes an easy task with a thriving Chamber membership base.
How does the Chamber promote you and our area? We provide opportunities and create events that draw thousands to our community, bringing you potential customers! We also provide area maps, snowmobile maps, seasonal schedule of events brochures, newsletters, networking opportunities, informal and educational seminars and larger events such as the Chamber's Annual Dinner and Fundraiser for members, Southern Aroostook Trade Show, Midnight Madness, Potato Feast Days, Candidates Forum, the Holiday Light Parade and similar events that we choose each year! These events bring community spirit and a sense of communityto all who participate and attend. The sponsorships from our members for these events prove the devotion that we all share for our community. It's fun, memorable and makes a difference.
The Chamber represents our community by being involved in other area organizations and serves on committees and boards that are focused on economic growth and promotion of our area and the County. A few such committees and boards are: The Southern Aroostook Development Corporation, Aroostook County Tourism, the Riverfront Project, LEAD, Aroostook Area Chambers, Maine State and the U.S. Chambers of Commerce and the Maine Communities Foundation.
The Greater Houlton Chamber of Commerce is but one small voice. As members of a larger group, voices swell and people are more aware of who we are, what we do and what we have to offer. Since 2006 the Chamber has enjoyed a growth in membership of 44%! It is an exciting time to be a part of our vision and dreams for our community. Please join us. Together we will be the positive force that makes our community all that it can be.
Chamber members enjoy the following privileges (we work to expand these each year:
- Being the focus of a "NEW MEMBER" introduction in our quarterly newsletter
- Receive a quarterly newsletter filled with information for and about our Chamber members
- An opportunity to advertise in the newsletter at little or no cost to you
- Receive a membership list with contact information for networking purposes
- Have use of the Chamber's Bulk Mail Permit, which saves you money
- Have use of the Chamber's Fax and Copy machines
- Be listed and linked to our Chamber website
- Be the first to know about workshops and business development opportunities via email
- Receive help with Grand Opening, Ribbon Cuttings, Anniversaries or Open House events
- Have your business listed in the Chamber Directory
- Have your business information distributed in all of our information packets that are sent throughout the United States
- Have access to the Maine State Insurance Program
- Be a part of the Shop Local Campaign through the very successful Chamber Bucks program
- The ability to network with other Chamber members
- Sponsor events through cooperative advertising opportunities that include all manner of the media throughout the County
- Be a part of new and developing ideas and strategies that bring people to your door
What's keeping you? Call today and let them work FOR you. They are ready to answer any of your questions! 207-532-4216.